In order to forge powerful partnership with national laboratories and to create knowledge networks with academic institutions, TDB instituted a National Award for successful commercialization of indigenous technology by industrial concerns in 1999. The second category of award was introduced in 2000 for SSI units. It has been renamed as MSME award. From 2017 onwards, a new category of award called national award for start-up has been introduced to encourage & promote technologies developed by start-ups having potential for commercialization.
There are three categories of award, which are as following-
I. NATIONAL AWARD FOR THE SUCCESSFUL COMMERCIALIZATION OF INDIGENOUS TECHNOLOGY
This award will be given to an industrial concern which has successfully developed & commercialized an indigenous technology in or after April 2017. In case, the technology developer / provider and technology commercializer are two different organizations, each one would be eligible for award of ₹25 Lakh and a trophy.
II. NATIONAL AWARD FOR MSMEs
This award will be given to MSMEs which have successfully commercialized a product based on indigenous technology in or after April 2017.
III. NATIONAL AWARD FOR TECHNOLOGY START-UPs
This award will be given to a technology start-up for promising new technology with potential for commercialization.
*Selection Committee may change the number of awards under each category to be given or may defer if the entries are not found suitable.
Last date for Receipt of Complete Online Application is on or before December 31st, 2021.
Link will get disabled on 31st December, 2021.
1. Log-on to TDB Website (http://www.tdb.gov.in).
2. Click on blinking textplaced adjacent to "Online Proposal submission" at top of the right corner of website page.
3. Existing users can directly proceed to "Sign-In" button,Whereas new user has to register before applying to gain access to the forms.
4. Click on “Register Now” button which navigates user to registration page powered by e-techcom and then, select “New Registration” placed at below right corner of the window.
5. User will be directed to dashboard page where user has to fill basic credentials such as company name, name of key person, address, city, state, PIN no., Phone No., Fax No., Mobile No. & e-mail ID. Thereafter, click “submit”. User ID and password will be generated and sent to user’s provided e-mail ID.
6. By entering user name and password, click on “Sign In” button. System navigates user to the Dashboard page, which means user have successfully login into the system.
7. From Dashboard page, click on "National Awards" Tab
8. Go on “Select Filters” option and select category of award which you intend to apply from dropdown list such as National Award, MSME, Both, Start-Up etc.
9. Then, click on “Apply” option.
10. Fill the relevant details in the form and upload the necessary documents wherever asked.
11. Applicant can save the information and fill the rest of the form later on but it should be completed on or before 31st December, 2019.
12. After filling all the details in the given fields and attaching the relevant documents press the “submit” button.
13. Before clicking “submit” button, applicant can edit & save the draft application. Once submitted it cannot be edited.
14. User can download the filled application form the option “download” visible in the dashboard. Save the soft copy of your application in your computer in PDF Format for your reference, print and record.
15. User can also check the status of the application in the dashboard before submission.
Application has to be filled in online mode only. Hard copies of applications are not accepted by TDB.
Please ensure that you are filling the appropriate application form available online at TDB website (http://www.tdb.gov.in).
The applicant(s) is/are advised to retain the same mobile number and e-mail-id in use which they have furnished in the application form because the important information shall be given to the applicant(s) through SMS or e-mail. The applicant(s) is/are advised to have their personal mobile number & e-mail-id
Last two year’s award winners are not eligible to apply.
TDB does not charge any fee for submission of application for National Awards.
Separate applications should be made for each indigenous technology commercialized / promising new technology with potential for commercialization developed by start-ups
If any applicant(s) face a problem during submission of online application form or after submission or any applicant(s) has/have any query related to this programme, please contact 011-26511184
(Click Here) to see the National Award advertisement in English/Hindi