In order to forge powerful partnership with national laboratories and to create knowledge networks with academic institutions, TDB instituted a National Award for successful commercialization of indigenous technology by industrial concerns in 1999. The second category of award was introduced in 2000 for SSI units. It has been renamed as MSME award. From 2017 onwards, a new category of award called national award for start-up has been introduced to encourage & promote technologies developed by start-ups having potential for commercialization.
There are three categories of award, which are as following-
I. NATIONAL AWARD FOR THE SUCCESSFUL COMMERCIALIZATION OF INDIGENOUS TECHNOLOGY
This award will be given to an industrial concern which has successfully developed & commercialized an indigenous technology on or after April 2016. In case, the technology developer / provider and technology commercializer are two different organizations, each one would be eligible for award of ₹25 Lakh and a trophy.
II. NATIONAL AWARD FOR MSMEs
This award will be given to MSMEs which have successfully commercialized a product based on indigenous technology on or after April 2016.
III. NATIONAL AWARD FOR TECHNOLOGY START-UPs
This award will be given to a technology start-up for promising new technology with potential for commercialization.
* Committee may change the number of awards to be given or may defer if the entries are not found suitable.
Last date for Receipt of Complete Online Application is on or before December 31st, 2020 (05:00 PM).
Link will get disabled on 31st December, 2020 (05:00 PM).
1. Log-on to TDB Website (http://www.tdb.gov.in).
2. Click on blinking textplaced adjacent to "Online Proposal submission" at top of the right corner of website page.
3. Tick the checkbox "I have read & agreed to the above instructions" after going through the instructions.
4. Existing users can directly proceed to "Sign-In" button, while new users have to register by clicking "Register Now" before applying to gain access to the National Award Application.
5. For new users:
6. After PMS account activation, users have to Login by using the generated User ID & password followed by clicking on the "Sign In" button. System navigates user to the national award dashboard page.
7. From Dashboard page, click on "edit" option under “action” tab to fill the national award application form.
8. Fill the relevant details in the form and upload the mandatory documents.
9. Applicant can save the information and fill the rest of the form later on but it should be completed on or before 31st December, 2020 (05:00 PM).
10. After filling all the details in the given fields and attaching the relevant documents, press the "Submit" button.
11. Users may download the filled application form using the "Download" option. Users may save their applications in PDF Format for future reference.
Application has to be filled in online mode only. Hard copies of applications are not accepted by TDB.
Please ensure that you are filling the appropriate application form available online at TDB website (http://www.tdb.gov.in).
The applicant(s) is/are advised to retain the same mobile number and E-mail ID which they have furnished in the application form as SMS & Email will be the modes of communication. The applicant(s) is/are advised to register with their personal mobile number & E-mail ID.
Last two year’s award winners are not eligible to apply.
TDB does not charge any fee for submission of application for National Awards.
Separate applications should be made for each indigenous technology commercialized / promising new technology with potential for commercialization.
If an applicant(s) faces a problem during any stage of submission or in case of any query related to this programme, please contact 011-26524897.
(Click Here) to see the National Award advertisement in English/Hindi